“God the Father of whom are all things, whom no one has seen nor can see, reigns in the heavens and transcends our complete knowing. He is revealed as our loving heavenly Father by His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Ultimately, God the Father will restore perfect harmony to all creation through Christ and reign eternally over the redeemed.”
God the Father has been revealed to us by His Son Jesus Christ. God and Jesus are in such perfect harmony and unison that they are as “one”, without any difference in character or thoughts (See Duet. 6:4.) We learn more of their individual distinct responsibilities in the New Testament by the testimony of Jesus. One the Father and one the Son working in total perfect harmony to restore the Kingdom of God to mankind and raise mankind up to be adopted sons of God (Rom.8: 14-17). This is the ultimate final goal of God the Father.
Some of the major attributes of God are:
- All things are from Him. I Cor. 8:6, Eph. 4:4-6.
- He reigns in heaven and transcends our complete knowing. He is much more than a human mind can comprehend. Matt. 11:25-27, Luke 10: 21-22, Rom. 11:33. The “nature of God” is vast and beyond human comprehension. We must take our belief on faith that He is all that He is.
- He is revealed by Jesus as our loving heavenly Father. John 3:16, Matt.6:9, Luke 11:2, Mark 14:35-36, Rom. 8:25, Gal. 4:6.
- He will restore all creation to the perfect harmony of the original creation. Rom. 5:10, II Cor. 5:18-19, Eph. 1:10, Eph. 3:17-21, Col.1:19-20.
- After His son, Jesus Christ has subdued the nations and restored the Kingdom of God, He will reign eternally over all of mankind and the universe. I Cor. 15:28, II Pet.3:10-13, Rev. 21:1-4.